Let’s face it; the idea that there are fleas in your home is disgusting. Then think of them biting your pet all over and perhaps even starting on you. Well, that’s just too much! However, fleas are a common problem for many people, and they can be particularly difficult to get rid of. The good news is that there’s no need to panic; with some simple steps and the right products, you can eliminate those pesky critters in no time.
How Can I Tell If Fleas Are Present In My Home?
Some of the most common telltale indications that fleas are present in a home are:
- Biting adult fleas infest homes and animals.
- Dogs and cats constantly preening, licking, or biting at their coats may be experiencing anxiety.
- The presence of fleas or flea dirt (flea excrement) on your pets in pet bedding or pet hangout places.
- The appearance of fleas on rugs and soft furnishings.
What Are My Flea Control Options?
There are two options once an infestation has taken root. The first option is to use remedies and items you already have at home. Examples of such choices are:
- Flea medication or prevention for pets
- Conducting multiple thorough vacuuming of the complete house, including the furniture
- Cleaning all linens and clothes
- Flea-repelling plants
- Scrubbing the cloth with baking soda and then vacuuming it up
- Soapy water at a warm temperature will lure the fleas in and then capture them. Constantly swap out and redo.
- Essential oils and herbal mists
- Apply Diatomaceous earth can be applied to the affected regions.
- Spraying Salt and Lemon
These home treatments are a good place to begin eliminating fleas and may be effective enough. The primary drawback of these is their slow effectiveness, if any. The bugs are trapped or tricked into a situation where they are killed.
On the other hand, an expert flea treatment service is another option. These businesses can quickly eliminate flea populations and aid in implementing preventative measures. Professional exterminators aim to eradicate pests for good.
How To Keep Your Property Free of Fleas?
The most effective method of dealing with fleas is to avoid having them in the first place. Here are some things you can do to keep fleas away:
- Reduce lawn length. Soil heated by the sun is too dry to support the development of flea eggs and adults.
- Cleaning up your yard involves removing things like leaf heaps, overgrown bushes, and compost bins.
- Be sure to clean all linens and bedding, including cat beds regularly.
- Keep a regular vacuuming schedule.
- Regularly bathe and brush your animals.
- Flea prevention should be used on dogs all year.
The homeowner should contact a pest management expert immediately because flea larvae are notoriously difficult to spot. Over-the-counter flea treatments are effective but rarely address the underlying reasons for an infestation.
At AAA Assassin Enterprises Pest Control, we’ll work with you to identify the source of the problem and eliminate it. We provide safe, environmentally friendly solutions customized to your home and family’s needs. When the inspection is complete, we will recommend an approach for dealing with the flea infestation and preventing it from happening again.